April 9, 2020
1 large cauliflower
3 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce
2 egg whites
1 cup Panko or homemade breadcrumbs
1/2 cup coarsely grated Parmigiano Reggiano*
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried basil
Blue Cheese Dip
- Cut cauliflower into about 1 1/2 inch florets. Use the tender parts of the core and chop into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- Whisk hot sauce and egg whites together in large bowl.
- Combine crumbs, cheese and herbs together in a large bowl.
- Toss 1/3 of the cauliflower in egg white mixture.
- Using a large slotted spoon or your hands remove from egg mixture letting excess drip back into the bowl.
- Place in Panko mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Lift and remove cauliflower to a clean bowl or baking sheet.
- Place 1/3 of cauliflower mixture into air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes, shake basket then bake additional 8 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Drizzle with extra hot sauce and serve with Blue Cheese Dip and raw veggies.