April 8, 2020
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium sweet onion, diced
1 quart diced tomatoes with juice
1 quart vegetable broth
2 celery stalks, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
2 bay leaves
2C cooked white beans ??
1 cup of your favorite shaped pasta
2C chopped baby spinach or your favorite leafy greens
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the next 10 ingredients (tomatoes through bay leaves). Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, pasta and spinach and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the parmesan and parsley.