April 8, 2020
1 cup warm water
1 package active dry yeast (1/4 ounce)
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for bowl and brushing
2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 – 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- Place the water in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Add yeast and stir until dissolved.
- Turn mixer on low and add sugar, oil, and salt. Let stir for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until incorporated. Stop mixer and scrape down the sides and dough hook.
- Add the remaining flour slowly until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the mixer.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until a smooth dough forms, adding more flour as needed.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl, turn over to coat with oil.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm place to rise until it about doubles in size, about 45 minutes.\