April 9, 2020
12 large white mushrooms
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Panko crumbs or unseasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps and chop finely.
- Place mushroom caps on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet, stem side down.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until you see their natural water come out.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped mushroom stems and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the next 8 ingredients (onion through black pepper) and sauté for 5 minutes
- Turn off heat, let cool slightly and add panko crumbs, cheese and parsley. Stir well to combine.
- Fill all mushroom caps then press down slightly and top them all off.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown.