https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/stuffedmushrooms.jpg 4032 3024 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2018-12-01 12:45:162018-12-01 12:45:16Super Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 large white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs or unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushroom caps and chop finely.
- Place mushroom caps on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet, stem side down.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until you see their natural water come out.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped mushroom stems and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the next 8 ingredients (onion through black pepper) and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, let cool slightly and add panko crumbs, cheese and parsley. Stir well to combine.
- Fill all mushroom caps then press down slightly and top them all off.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown.